The NPOST Exam is NO LONGER A REQUIREMENT for the POST Academy, please check with your hiring department as they may still require this be taken for the hiring process.
Those registering for the Law Enforcement Officer block will need to provide a copy of SFO certification, and will be required to take the LEO Entrance Exam if attendance of SFO has been longer than 6 months, please contact Sarah at 435-652-7916.
Location: Utah Tech University – Hurricane Education Center
112 South 700 West, Hurricane, UT 84737
Testing: Generally offered once a week, times vary. Please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment. Fridays @ 12:00 pm on the main UT campus in St. George, call 435-652-7667 to schedule at that location.
Exam Cost: $45.00
- Payment can be taken in person or pay online, under all other payments, Hurricane NPOST.
- If you pay online, please bring receipt for confirmation.
- Current picture ID is required.
ENTRANCE EXAM COMPONENTS:
- Reading Comprehension
- Incident Report Writing
This test must be passed with at least 70% in all areas. The results are emailed to you approximately two (2) weeks from the test date.
Those registering for the Law Enforcement Officer block will need to provide a copy of SFO certification, and will be required to take the LEO Entrance Exam if attendance of SFO has been longer than 6 months.
There are four sections on the exam: Math, Reading Comprehension, Grammar and Incident Report Writing.
- The math section consists of 20 questions on general math and financial math equations, you will need to complete this section in 20 minutes.
- The reading comprehension section consists of 25 questions where you will be asked questions based on information given in a short passage. You will have 25 minutes to complete this section.
- The grammar section consists of 20 questions where you will need to read several sentences and paragraphs, all which contain misspelled words and improper punctuation. You will have 15 minutes to complete this section of the exam.
- The incident report writing section consists of 10 questions where you will be tested on your ability to write a clear and concise report based on facts that you are given. You grammar and punctuation skills are also tested in this section. You will have 15 minutes to complete this section.
You may also purchase an Online Practice National Police Officer Selection Test (POST) and/or Online POST Study Guide by following this link, https://www.applytoserve.com/study/.